Renewal



I enjoyed a delicious glass of wine this afternoon while adding the finishing touches to my most recent piece.  It will be hung this Thursday at Solomon's Porch in Minneapolis.  Come to my show this Friday @ 7pm.  There will be many forms of art displayed.  The theme of the night is about our view of God.  I am extremely challenged already from hearing a few of the artists ideas.

My art piece is about the goodness and faithfulness of God.  It is about seeing the hope in the world.  My husband, Nate, and I went camping for our anniversary at the end of September.  We camped at the edge of a cliff.  As we approached our campsite, I saw the sun setting between a layer of clouds and the trees below.  To me, I felt a deep sense of renewal.  This is the line in the sand.  From now on everything is going to be better.  Life is hard.  That is the nature of the world we live in.  I am definitely not saying our pain and hardships will cease, but I know I can have a new perspective on life.  I remember as I was just becoming an adult.  I was so afraid to turn 18.  There was so much responsibility and so many choices, and I had no idea how to face my life. Now 10 years later, I feel like I finally have the ability to trust that I am not alone.  I see my community, I see my husband, God and myself.  We can all work together to support each other.  Renewal washes over me.

Comments

Popular Posts