First Art Show

...years of mustered courage, thousands of encouraging words, loving friends and family that helped set up and donated supplies, a brewery for the beer, a church location and a few months in Afghanistan...

What a wonderful experience.  I had a total of 12 pieces placed around the room, table lamps set the mood.  Around 50 or so friends showed up to take a tour through my journey in Afghanistan.  I loved hearing what everyones favorite piece was.  The variety was vast.  I was encouraged to find out that the favorite of the night was actually, to me, my least quality painting.  Many jumped a bit when they saw the above tie dyed burqa, representing freedom and joy.  I look forward to my next art show in September.  My art will be up all month at Art Lab Fort Collins, so go check it out!

Thank Yous to:
My husband, Nathan Rowlan, for encouraging me forward and helping in nearly every aspect to ensure the show went well.  I could not and would not have done this without him.
Blue Sky Church, for allowing us to use their space, as well as their desire to encourage and lift up artists in the area.
Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, for allowing me to hang a few pieces of the show in their tap room in order to promote the show.
Josh and Katie Emrich, for donating Grimm Brothers beer and easels to the show, as well as support our efforts.
Casey Kellogg, for donating easels to the show.
Ted Davis, for taking this lovely picture of a center piece in my show.
Thank you to everyone for coming and supporting me.  You made this night a success!!

Comments

BearyCreative said…
What an awesome experience!! Thanks for sharing this :)
LittleLo_63 said…
I so love the burka, it turned out so cool.
Amy said…
This is amazing friend. I am so glad you are able to share. Love you!

Popular Posts