Update on moving forward...

Still no changes to the site.  I'm currently working on the new design.  I feel like I am in such a weird place.  At any moment I could jump forward, at any moment I could give it all up.  With all my emotions, I am so grateful to have so many encouragers around! 

I recently found out there is a coalition of artists in northern colorado and am eager to sign up with them early this next year and begin volunteering and "rubbing elbows". : ) 

As an update to the "big opportunity", it had to do with going to school.  I'm still considering this venture, but am trying to tread carefully.  I am still looking into the benefits of spending so much money.  The Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, seems very promising because each student's study experience is developed one on one so it is based solely on their individual goals and creativity.  I am making a call this week to inquire if I can take a few classes somewhere else, because each credit costs $1100 ish dollars and that's just the tuition.  Yikes.  I am attempting to not let finances hold me back, but I do want to be wise about how I step forward. 

More decisions to come!

Comments

Mad Scribbler said…
Hi there!

The comment about going to school jumped out at me. Here are some thoughts:

Excuses for going to school:
1.) You don't know your passion
2.) You don't know what you want to contribute.
These reasons indicate you need more exploration.
3.) You don't know how to persue your passion or how you want to contribute
4.) Or you do know how, but you want to upgrade, or bring it to the next level.
These reasons say you need to increase your skills.
5.) To meet people who know what you need to know.
This reason says increase your connections.

Good Excuses for Not going to school:
1.) None of the good excuses to go apply to you.
2.) You already know your passion, you excel at it, it creates value and you're making a living at it.
3.) In short, you're rocking and are doing amazing things already!

Lame Excuses for Not Going to School:
1.) Money (or lack thereof)
2.) Other people's opinions (e.g. your present abilities, use of time, etc.)
3.) I'm sure I'm missing many others

I hope this helps clarify.

-Darby
Darby! Thanks so much for your note... I think so far I'm just playing it by ear. I'm looking into schools but also not letting school be the only way to my future. So I'm getting my art out there in other ways too. I'll let you know what happens. :)
Mad Scribbler said…
Hi Steph! There are other ways to get ahead without having to go to school - especially nowadays!

I also inadvertently leave out a section called
"Lame Excuses for Going to School"
1.) Other people's opinions (e.g. your present abilities, use of time, etc.) - see Lame Excuses for not going
2.) Putting off doing what you want to do
3.) I'm sure I'm missing many others.

I think you'd find this link interesting - published today:

http://tylertervooren.com/advancedriskology/things-you-shouldnt-have-learned-in-college/

Popular Posts