Thankfulness...

Wow, I wish I would have pondered this a year ago.  On our one year anniversary (a couple months ago) Nate and I made a couple of goals.  One of them was to be focused on thankfulness.  Oh the whoas of the first year(s) of marriage, of course I thought, "yeah it'd be good for Nate to be more thankful" without even considering my own selfishness.

Ugh, as we're nearing this holiday I've been realizing just how much I need new perspective.  Its been a rough week, full of disappointment.  At times I've felt like my life was crumbling, everything hit me at once. 

But as I look ahead, I begin to realize that "it could be worse".  I want to do more than work at a dead end job, I want purpose.  I need to take a breath and sit down to think. 

This might be a bit of a confusing post.  I'm just processing a lot right now.  I need some guidance and some thankfulness and some perspective. 

Is it worth it to get a degree in painting?  Racking up a ton of debt with nothing to do but paint?

Comments

lisa heaner said…
steph, i love you. it's going to be okay. really it is.

perspective is good... think about all the changes that have occurred in your life in the past year and half. all that change has been good (or mostly good), but change -- even when it's good -- creates turmoil. be gentle with yourself, sweet one. remember that this life is a journey.

the hardest part of the mid-twenties is that you're trying to decide how to make something MEANINGFUL of your life, whilst doing something you truly love. and while this part of your life is important, it is just a PART of the journey. not the WHOLE journey. it's a confusing, heart-stretching time. my thoughts are with you + i know that you'll come through this stage of your life more fully alive and aware of who you truly are.

hang in there, sweets. i love you!
Thanks so much Lisa. Yeah its been a whirlwind of a year, but mostly the last couple weeks. I so want to figure it all out now... but thank you so much for the encouragement that this is normal and I can go easy on myself. I never thought I'd go through a quarter life crisis, ha... but I definitely think I am going through my version of one. Man, Lisa I miss you tons! I know its hard to make it out this way, but we'd love it if you and Tim could come visit.
Jessica Tuveson said…
yeah dude, I've been going through one of those myself-it blows!! And then I remind myself "quarter-life", I'm only a quarter of the way there, and I think I have a quarter of it figured out. At least I know I like to take photos. At least you know that you could never and will never give up painting.
Thanks a ton Tuvy... good point!

Popular Posts