My journey here.

I am a nervous traveler. I don't even know why. I've been on at least 50 airplanes so far. I woke up at 4am, just laid in bed until our alarm went off at 5:10  I jumped up, got dressed, everything already prepared from the night before. After a half hour, I was already asking my husband if he was sure my flight exists. Truly, I really said that. I looked up my flight earlier and couldn't find it on the website. My husband is so steady. He just smiled and said, "Don't worry. Everything will be fine."

Turned out the whole day went by like a dream. Except for really having to pee while riding the hour long shuttle bus to the airport. I was so tired I sort of glided from one destination to another. Every moment along the way I reassured myself, but still had a twinge of worry about each event. Of course my flight existed and I made it to my gate an hour and a half early, but I like it that way. I prefer to hurry up and wait. By the time boarding began I was snuggled up in an airport chair, reading a good book. My worries wisked away. So far in fact that I nearly missed boarding, but even that was smooth because I didn't have to wait on the flight very long.

As we rose above the clouds, I struggled to stay awake. This is my favorite part. The light reflected, burning into my eyes, but I still stared on. I landed safely and am now enjoying the company of my parents. This trip is starting out well.

Comments

Popular Posts