New Opportunities

It's been a long week of processing.  I want to know how to make money being an artist.  I currently work at a hotel, and that is fine.  I love the hospitality aspect, but its not what I want to do always.  I want to paint and be creative.  But how do I make a living doing that. 

My mom suggested doing a marketable craft, like hand painted wine glasses.  I wasn't sure, but have thought long and hard this week and realized it is something I could do on the side and receive money for more canvases.  I think I might slowly try to pursue this.



I am so easily discouraged.  How do I know what the "right" route is?  I have contemplated that question quite a bit as well.  I'm not sure there is a "right".  I think there is just trusting God as I move through life.  I get so scared I'm going to make the "wrong" choice. 

This week, like most weeks, one of the guests at our hotel came up to tell me he blew $1000 at the outlet malls, but how that's okay because he probably saved another $1000.  I wish I had that much to blow.  It frustrates me that people feel the need to come up to the girl making such minimum money and isn't even doing something she enjoys to tell how much they make or how nice their house is.  But then I thought, its my choice.  Why don't I go do something I love instead?  I've been looking into a new opportunity, beyond what I wrote above.  Something long lasting.  I'm nervous to say.  As if, when the words leave my mouth the dream will disappear.  So for now I will leave it on a hopeful note, that I am processing creative possibilities and wondering what's ahead. 

If the process continues as planned I should be able to update everyone in another month what I plan to do.

Comments

inaelise said…
Exciting!
And you know what...what are the people's riches that come up to you? Probably only money...
I just read Romans: "Oh, the depth of riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!" What awesome riches we can access :)
Thanks so much Ina! So true.
Unknown said…
I'll buy your wine glasses! I love wine and it would be awesome to drink out of one made by my talented niece! Let me know how much. As for art, look at funky coffee shops to see if they would put your art on display. Submit your art to county fairs/state fairs so people see you - is there something like an Uptown Art Fair?
I think there might be... I am inches away from finishing my series, so I should start going around to places to get my work up. Sweet. I was going to sell them for $20 plus shipping (which would likely be like $5.00) Just let me know the style you want : )

Popular Posts