back on the horse.

Nate is gone hunting all weekend.  Since he has left a couple days ago I have suddenly given up all will power and discipline.  Yes, I am a dramatic person, but this time I'm telling the truth.  My work week was unusual and sleep has been more than inconsistent.   I think I am so exhausted that I just snapped.   I gave up soda several months ago, but Dr. Pepper is still a weakness of mine.  While at work yesterday (there is a sweet shop next to me desk), I broke down, bought, opened and started drinking a refreshing Dr. Pepper before I even had a chance to react.  I've stopped exercising, stopped painting, almost constantly either working, sleeping or watching movies, and I am at a loss how this happened.  I haven't acted this way for a while.  Maybe I need sleep.

Most of all, I need to not give up.  Discipline is not second nature to me.  Every time I do something I don't want to, it takes a considerable amount of effort.  I tried to be consistent in my life, but typically when I fail, I stop.  I don't get "back on the horse".  That is the goal this time.  Just because I missed the mark, does not mean I can not try again.

Comments

inaelise said…
This blog is inspiring! Thank you for sharing, Steph! Love you.

Popular Posts