Nine Months... Past Due


Nine months since my last post.  It is has been a busy, exciting time, surprisingly void of painting.  I've begun to go to school.  My hope is to gain a fine art painting degree as well as a cultural anthropology degree.  I want to affect other cultures and develop their art.

I also found out that we are pregnant with our first child.  I am now just over six months along and am happy to say our son, Daingr, is healthy and growing well.  We plan to move to Minneapolis this coming July.  We made this step because we feel like it is the right time to be back with family and friends there until we embark on even more adventures.

This process of moving has stretched my relationship with God greatly.  Since returning from Afghanistan, I have been through anger and the return to love God, but I still hold him at a distance in many ways.  I am afraid to see what happens if I let my guard down.  God recently reminded me that he wants me to ask things of him.  That is a strange concept for me. I know God doesn't have to do anything for me, so my thought is, "why should he?"  But he has been faithful.  As I ask, the small things and the big things, he has shown me how he meets my needs.

I've been in school, but I want to paint again and not hold back this dream of sharing my art with the world.  We are not sure what these steps will lead to, but we just keep walking.

Comments

LittleLo_63 said…
God is faithful and patient with us, letting us take each step one at a time. As he holds are hand, and helps along the journey. Each step we take with him, stronger our walk becomes.

Popular Posts