Crunch Time

A week before my very first art show.  The details are suddenly in my face.  Still one more painting to finish.  This morning I was freaking out.  I could not get my last painting to the level I require of myself.  To a level I can be proud of.  I want this in my show, so I have to keep fighting, keep working.  Several times I found myself in that "this is trash, I will never make it look right" place, normally I only find myself there once.  Finally, though, I broke through.  The painting is nearly finished, but now comes the time for courage.  I am at the place where everything finally looks right, it just needs those last few tweaks.  When I am in this place, I always want to stop and say it is done because I am scared of messing up my work.  I must find that drive within myself to finish.  It's crunch time.

Comments

Popular Posts