the days without nate (random feel good thoughts to get me through)

With Nate gone for the week, I find myself with far too much time on my hands.  After, kind of, getting past mopping around the house and avoiding the rising pile of dishes, I decided to take myself out tonight.  Being from Mpls where the indie scene is king (unlike FOCO, even though some try to pretend underground is alive and thriving here), I went to our one and only indie theatre in town, the Lyric Cafe.  I bought myself a beer and strolled in to sit in the front row of couches.  I was only one of three in the theatre, which was heavenly.  While nursing my beer and slowly moving toward stretching all the way out as if in my own living room, I watched "The Time That Remains".  Absolutely incredible!  Its about Palestine, from 1948 (Israeli invasion) to present day.  GO SEE THAT MOVIE!!  I didn't want it to end.  I wish I could stay in that spot all week.

After, as I pulled into my driveway, I reconsidered and pulled back into reverse to head to the nearest gas station.  The only thing missing from that movie experience was smoking inside.  Does anyone else wish they lived in the 50s simply to smoke indoors?  A pack of American Spirits in hand and I went back home to paint.  I worked hard at the final piece of "My Afghanistan".  My brush flowed.  I took some progress shots, but am missing my camera cable.

I feel like a man.  While Nate is gone I find myself smoking in bed, something I am not allowed to do while he's here.  I would love it if he had left me small freezer containers of each meal while he's away.  The one meal I did make was while on the phone asking which step comes next.

Really, it is hard without Nate.  I miss him every moment I stop to let myself think.  Yes, he's only gone a week, but I am not ashamed.  I want to always miss him like this, expectantly waiting for him to come home.

In the mean time - I'm having a bit of Steph fun.

Comments

rmdc said…
OMG Steph...you kill me! I love that you smoke in bed. That is soooo funny. I wish I could smoke in bed. Sigh.
Hehe - Nate doesn't let me. That's why I did it while he was gone. I don't really ever smoke actually, but I love smoking in bed. heheh.

Popular Posts