the street...

"The dust blows past my face, I struggle to cover my body with the cloth wrapped about me, the men to the side of the road, I avoid their staring eyes, the shouts of children calling after me, I feel myself shut down, my goal is to complete my three block journey, my body reacts, my head droops, as my back hunches and stiffens, showing the movement of my heart."

Why do I shut down, what causes me to shut out what is around me?  Is it the "judging"? or the lack of ability to do anything about it?  I want to be me... free... no rules or regulations.  Simply peace in my heart.  This is a war and my joy is good, not a sign of lust.  Lord, let's look at this one.  How do I do this?  How do I walk down the street?  I want to be real, but they do not deserve to see the real me.  You keep your arms open.  Should I?  To them?  Lord, give me your eyes and soften my heart.  The street is what I want to avoid.  I wish there were skyways so that I could walk in peace.  Lord, I choose to let go of this pressure and I choose to be myself.  Not worrying about my reputation or approachability... simply embracing my true identity in You.

Comments

Popular Posts